I have had so much fun writing my blog. It has provided me a place to "talk-out" my money woes. I have gained so much in the last 12 months. I have learnt to budget with the income we have.
I learnt in 2009:
1. We are not victims of circumstances with finances.
2. Credit Card debt is a no-no.
3. Couponing is not for the nerdy.
4. I have a duty to instill postive money habits in my children.
5. Waste nothing.
6. Do not be brand loyal. It can cost you more.
7. Focusing on needs not wants makes you a "richer" person.
I have achieved in 2009:
1. To halt all credit card spending.
This has meant relatives have gone without gifts, cards.
2. Not to buy clothes.
Until my current ones have no more wear.
Note-to-self: If clothes are tight, this does not mean new clothes. It eans get thin.
3. To extreme coupon.
I stuggled with this in November, and am slowly making my way back.
Reduce-Reuse-Recycle. This has added perks besides
5. I don't keep up with the Jones'. They probably had it all on credit anyway.
The green-eyes-monstor has slowly diminished.
6. We have gone 12 month without a cellphone, of any kind.
And have managed to communicate with everybody!
So what for 2010? What will be of Budget Bella?
I think 2010 will be entirely dedicated to following the Dave Ramsey programme. We need a plan. He has one. Budget Bella will no longer be blogging about coupon deals (even though these will be happening away from the blogosphere). There will be no stock-pile pictures. Nope. I want 2010 to be about getting debt free. Thanks everyone for following. I hope you will continue to support me on my journey. I want it to be a journey to a better way ....